Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Fine Line Between Love and Insanity

When a woman gives birth, her body is somewhat reprogrammed to have an undeniably strong maternal instinct.

The once deep sleeper can now be awaken each time her baby stirs in his sleep. Her breasts will hurt right before her baby cries for milk. Her world starts to revolve around her lil one and everything else fades away.

Perhaps, that all boils down to the mothers insurmountable love!

This love turned me into a mother bear; ready to do anything for my baby and always on the look out for his safety.

You see, I have not only looked to make sure if his swaddle is not loose when he sleeps, but I have also checked that he's breathing by poking him (sometimes to the point of waking him up), put my hand on his chest; put my ears against his face; touch his forehead to check for a good temperature;

And not just that, at 2.5 months, Collin started sleeping through the night. The first time he did, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized he had been sleeping for 3.5 hours. I panicked! Threw my blanky on the floor, jumped, tripped, and almost stumbled on the floor as i rushed to him. But ofcourse, he was just sleeping soundly. Despite knowing that, I kept waking up every two hours every night, all through out the week, staring at the clock, counting sheep, goats, cows, stars or what have you, while he slept for 6-8 long hours.

Once, I even put a compact mirror under his nose to check his breathing.

This experience brought me to question, did I just cross the fine line between love and insanity? Or, the line isn't even fine after all, rather, I'm just plain insane? ;)

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha...cute...you just love your son so much that you're afraid that something will happen to him or afraid to lose him (knock on the wood)..mothers are always on the look out for their kids' safety...you're just a loving mom going insane..ahahhhaa...kiddin'.... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha good to know i'm not loosing it just yet!

      Delete

Popular Posts