Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Pitik

I just had some blood work done 2 days ago. They got 7 tubes of blood! T’was crazy!

I sat as the phlebotomist tied the band around my arms and made 'pitik' the opposite side of my elbow. Pitik 1. Pitik 2. Pitik 3. Then she poked me with a needle. I was relieved thinking that that should be it. As you know, there is only a twinge when the needle penetrates the skin. But alas! She didn't get to my vein. She had to pull it out and try again. She then took off the band and tied it on my left arm instead. Pitik 1. Pitik 2. Pitik 3. Then once again, she poked me with the needle. And for one more time, she missed the vein! This time, she did not immediately take it out. Instead, she kept on moving the needle under my skin: left, right, left, right, left, right! Not once, not twice, but lots and lots of times! she was moving it under my skin like a dog wags it's tail! Darn. It hurt. :( She only took it out when I moaned in pain. Finally, a male phlebotomist took over and took my blood in a sniff.

On a different note, i got a haircut yesterday. :) I got my bangs back! I'm happy that everybody at work loves it! and most importantly, my hubby adores it. I saw that familiar grin lit up across his face as soon as he saw me with my new hair style! ;)

To anyone out there, what is the English of pitik??? More specific than "flick". What is the exact translation?


Popular Posts