Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

When The Going Gets Tough.....

The going gets, TOUGHER!

Yeah... I mean, the going really gets tougher!

We just had a long memorial day week end. And for the first time in more than 3 years, the hubby and I are staying home. Oh! I just miss the days when we drive out of state for the long week end... to Arizona, Utah, Nevada! Despite all the eagerness, we are but forced to stay home since my doctor advised me that I have to take it easy until a month after the surgery.

Staying home wasn't so bad at first because I had a doctor's appointment that Friday and I was eagerly hoping for a good news. It had been 15 days since since I stopped my Birth control pills and 10 days since I had my period and 8 days since I started taking meds to make me ovulate.  And it was time to check if my meds worked; to check if I am about to ovulate.

As we drove to the doctor, I could not help but pray a gazillion times. I can not tell how many times I put my hands together, with fingers entwined, eyes closed and prayed for it to work. My husband could attest to that. I just really want my meds to work.


So I was again back at the ultrasound room, lying on the table with my legs up the stirrups. And that's when we found out that the meds I was taking didn't work for me. :( My follicles that stores the egg wasn't growing and my uterine lining was thin. even though I knew we can up or switch meds, I was in shock when the doctor told me that it didn't work. I just didn't want to wait for another cycle. I mean, com'n, I've been on the pill for months after the miscarriage and now this?!?!?!

But, thank GOD I didn't have to wait for another cycle! :) My doctor told me to switch meds that day! woohooo!!!  Well, it's not all that good though... because I was switched to SHOTS. ar-ouch! I will no longer drink the meds once a night but instead, I will be given shots, once a night for the next 4 nights. agoyy! For somebody who hates needles, that's a super duper big step. But when my doctor said that upping the dosage of the meds I was taking will make my uterine lining thinner, I agreed to proceed with the shots instead. Still concerned about my ovulation, I asked my doctor what my chances are of ovulating this cycle. And yeah baby, he said 100%!

Popular Posts