Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer and Movies

If I am to name one best thing there is for summers, that would be the movies! Here in the U.S., there always are sought after movies released at this time of the year. Well, mostly the 'kid-friendly' movies, which um, I super like!

If you haven't gone to the movies for quite some time, I suggest to give yourselves a break and go see a movie!

Karate Kid: this is my favorite so far. Jackie Chan never failed me with his movies. Oh ok, he did once in "the spy next door." But this is one good come back! Not only was it funny, but it is filled with life lessons shown in ways that you really get to appreciate, learn and laugh at the same time.

Shrek Forever After: think this is only for kids? Think again. I am very amazed how cartoons/animation evolved through the years. This movie is not a typical cartoon where they just live happily ever after. Instead, it shows real life situations with a touch of fantacy... Are you married and tired of doing the same errands day after day? Do you want your old single life back? Well, you're not alone! Shrek and Fiona are on the same bout as yours. Watch this movie and see how beautiful married life really is, despite all its flaws.

Sex and the City 2: Well, I've always been a fan of SATC! This movie did not level up to the first one in terms of punch lines! It just wasn't as funny and the first one was just better, by far! BUT, if you consider the plot of the story as a basis for a good movie like I do, then I'm pretty sure you'll love this as well, especially if you're married. I actually hoped this came out 3 and a half years ago when the hubby and I just got married... back when he was like mr. big in this movie! back when sitting on the couch and watching tv after work was the highlight of his day, back when he's favorite resto was 'take out'! (but hey, excluding flirting with another woman... 'cuz if that was the case then his neck would have been broken by now! hihihihi) Ok I'm going off the topic here.. but going back, Sex and the City has gone out of its shell; it no longger is just about sex, city, sex, single ladies, sex, and dating. Instead, this movie can touch almost every aspect of womans life; from being a wife in a 'boring' marriage, dealing with menopause and striving to stay young, and taking care of little kids during their terrible years.

Prince of Persia: I watched this movie only because my hubby wants to. But to my surprise, I actually like the movie. The fight scenes were well done with very good graphics. Unlike other action movies, this is not at all morbid and the fight scenes were not lagging. Plus the chemistry of the prince and princess was awesome. And the plot is very unpredictable! This movie is worth watching!

Popular Posts