Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What If, The Going Gets Toughest

Yeah... toughest.

The night when I was prescribed the shots, my hubby gave me the 1st shot. The bad part was, since he was the one giving me a shot, I did not have a hand to hold. Instead, I just wrapped my arms around my pillow. Then he pricked me with an eeeniii meenie needle which didn't hurt a lot. But as soon as he pressed the syringe, I could feel a burning sensation as the med penetrated my skin. It felt like a sting of a bee... of jollibee! (no, i didn't scream this time. perhaps it was tolerable!)


But what made matters worse was that despite staying home to rest and have a lame 3 day long week end, one of the four incisions became painful. On that Friday night, I could not sleep because of discomfort. It wasn't so bad, but it wasn't getting any better either. Then by Saturday, I saw puss draining out of it. Sunday came and I could barely stay sited at church because the incision was very painful when my skirt rubbed/pressed against it. By Monday, it seemed that all the puss has been drained out.
I then woke up on a Tuesday morning and drove to work thinking that everything was fine. But as I drove, I could feel the pain in my incision to be getting worse. When I got to the office, I immediately looked for Hydrogen Peroxide to clean it up and hoped to make myself feel better. But when one of the supervisors found out that my incision has an infection, I was asked to go to the doctor immediately.

So I was back at the clinic on a gloomy Tuesday morning. The doctor examined the incision, not just by looking but by squeezing it. agooyy!!

doctor: "ok rei. there's definitely an infection there. I need to remove the stitch out and drain it."
rei: ****shocked**** "huh??"
doctor: "we have to be aggressive. because what happened was the outside was healing but inside was not."
rei: ***still shocked*** "ok."
doctor: **dips a cutip to the hydrogen peroxide*** "ok rei. this will hurt but we have to do this ok?"
rei: ***scared and shocked*** "ok."
doctor: ***rubs the cutip hard on the incision to make it open more***
rei: ***screaming**** "aaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!"
doctor: ***gets a pair of scissors, sticks it through the incision, INSIDE the wound and cuts the stitch***
rei: ****screaming*** "aaahhh!!!!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!! ouchhhhhhhh!! crappppppppppp!!!"
doctor: ***gets another cutip*** "ok rei, I'll show you how you have to clean your wound. You or your husband have to be do this two times a day for the infection to heal."
rei: ***shocked*** "huh? ok"
doctor: ***shows the cutip to Edward. sticks the half of the head of the cutip INSIDE my wound, moving and rolling it from left to right***
rei: ***screaming again and squeezing Edward's hand as he became pale while watching what the doctor was doing**** "aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
doctor: ***took the cutip out after about a second or two***

Danggg!!!!!! Just when I thought all the pain is done, there came another one! The worst part was, it had to be done twice a day for the next 4-5 days. SShheeessshh!!! While still kinda traumatized from what just happened, my doctor told me we were then gonna have an ultrasound to see how my follicles/eggs were doing.

Voila! My eggs grew!!! woohooo!! But oh, it was just 14mm and we need 20. So I was prescribed 3 more shots. But I so didn't mind. After going through what the doctor did to my incision, the shots and the burning sensation became nothing!! And knowing that it worked for me made me luv the med. ohh i luv et!!!

Yeah, 3 more burning shots for 3 days and at least 4 days of traumatic-cleaning of my incision. ouch! sus maryosep! kasakit!!!


But when the going gets toughest, the toughest gets going!

Let's go beybehhh, lets go!!!

Popular Posts