Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sweet New York


As a way to help me move on, I thought that since we do not have the luxury of time to go to Japan or China, we are just gonna go to new york for the week end. This way, we get to see how beautiful life really is and more so, I'll be having less time remembering the sad thoughts of what we've been through.

Yes, I just want to move on and get over it. I want to think that all that happened is just a bad dream. I want those thoughts off my head. I want it off NOW.

It was a Thursday when I decided I want to leave the state. By the time my hubby got home, i already have my bag packed. He thought it was some kind of April Fool's joke. But no, I'm not kidding anyone. I want to leave the house. Well, not for long and not alone of course.

Friday afternoon, I left early from work and went straight home just to get our bags and share the ride with my hubby.


American Airlines 1st class is super awesome! It's the most relaxing plane ride I've ever been to. The moment I sat on my seat on the plane, i felt a big relief in my heart. Ahh, i deserve a break! The whole ride was all so smooth! and the fancy fine dining experience while up up up in the air... spectacular! Not to mention, in a press of a button the chair gives me a back massage. ooohhh. so good. and just when I am ready to sleep, i can press another button to let the chair turn into a bed. ahhhh, isn't that phenomenal?. But who can sleep when you are provided with a personal entertainment system with a sound omitting bose headset! I wanted to stay awake and enjoy every piece around me. Ahh, praise GOD for this wonderful vacation.


But oh, I just realized I am wearing 3-4 inches stilettos and left my boots at home. Darn. Now, how will I get to go around new york in this uncomfortable shoes?!






We took a cab on Saturday morning to go to the Jamaica station. Before we hop in the subway, we decided to walk around to look for a convenience store so we can buy a pair of shoes. Despite the place being so eerie, we walked in and out of stores and left with one choice... a pair of super duper yellow shoes. sheeesshhh. I look like big bird or spongebob. But don't tell bigbird and spongebob cuz they'll surely be offended.


For once in my life, I just didn't care how i look. All I want is to have fun. We went to empire state, Madison square garden, Rockefeller center, central park, times square! All in one whole day! And oh, for lunch, we bought hotdog in a bun. It kindda felt weird buying food off a cart in New York. I wondered, "are those clean?." Perhaps it was! But regardless, it was all so yummy.

For dinner, we bought what New York is known for: PIZZA!! In all honesty, it was the best pizza ever! The cheese was soo sooooo good! Ahh... as I type this i crave for it!

To those who have been in NY, you know that NY has it's own flaws. But guess what, the flaw is so badly flawed and deserves a different blog entry!! You oughta read my next blog and be warned before flying there... gggrrrrrr

Don't get me wrong though! Because New York, even with all it's flaws, is such a wonderful place to visit. Will I ever come back? With out a doubt, OF COURSE I WILL! I love new york!



Popular Posts