Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Feb 26

For days, i grieved and cried myself to sleep. Somehow, I managed to feel better; though just a tiny bit, but ... Better.

It was a friday and I had to go to work. I woke up early and dragged myself off the bed. I told myself, "today, I'll be stronger." Still devastated, but... Stronger.

Sure enough, i was able to put all my attention to work. Back straight. Feet flat on the floor. Eyes on the monitor. I had always been able to work under pressure, and this, I too could handle. Though iv'e been leaving my office door closed ever since i got back to work, i knew this could/would/should be the last day that i keep it shut. I was getting stronger. I suppose.

Then the clock ticked to 4:30pm. Done with my 8 hours of pretense. An oscar award winning best actress, for acting like as if I'm Ok. I could surely fool the people around me; But i could never fool myself. My heart knew what it feels; And it wasn't like what it showed.

And it's then, i felt the rush of my blood. I felt the need to immediately leave the office. I rushed out of the building. As soon as my foot stepped out, my lower lip begun to tremble. Tears started to fall. I just couldn't make it stop.

I arrived home. In my husband's arm, once again... I broke down.


Popular Posts